Transformative Learning in Practice: Insights from Community, Workplace, and Higher Education
Primary: Transformative Learning in Practice: Insights from Community, Workplace, and Higher.pdf - 43,269 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Transformative Learning in Practice: Insights from Community, Workplace, and Higher.pdf - 30,578 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Transformative Learning in Practice: Insights from Community, Workplace, and Higher.pdf - 26,690 KB/Sec
- The Dissertation Journey: A Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Planning, Writing, and Defending Your Dissertation
- Spiritual Autobiography: Discovering and Sharing Your Spiritual Story (Spiritual Formation Series)
- The Handbook of Transformative Learning: Theory, Research, and Practice
- Studying Congregations: A New Handbook
- Adult Learning: Linking Theory and Practice
- The Substance of Things Hoped for: A Memoir of African-American Faith
- Quality Research Papers: For Students of Religion and Theology
- Learning as Transformation: Critical Perspectives on a Theory in Progress
- Transformative Dimensions of Adult Learning
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Eighth Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
Transformative Learning in Practice will help readers:
Learn the most effective practices for promoting transformative learning
Understand the most helpful ways transformative learning informs practice
Find out how the teaching setting shapes the practice of transformative learning
Discover the successes, strengths, and outcomes of fostering transformative learning
Recognize the risks and challenges of practicing transformative learning
This comprehensive resource includes an introduction to the theory of transformative learning, a brief overview of the growing body of research on the topic, and a discussion of areas for future exploration.
Praise for Transforming Learning in Practice
"Transformative learning comes to life in this powerful collection of real experiences which put transformative learning into practice in higher education, the workplace, and in community and social change education. Every chapter is full of candid insights from reflective practitioners about the challenges and rewards of engaging in transformative learning. A must-read for adult educators everywhere!"
—Sharan B. Merriam, professor emeritus of adult education, University of Georgia
"Mezirow and Taylor's book deepens our understanding of a central idea in adult education—that meaningful learning for adults is often triggered by a transformative experience. Readers are provided a rich array of approaches which help them to understand and facilitate transformative learning in multiple settings. Together these practices build a toolkit for those who would support learning that transforms."
—Karen E. Watkins, professor, human resource and organization development, Department of Lifelong Education, Administration, and Policy, University of Georgia
"Methods to facilitate transformative learning bear intriguing similarities across varied places and spaces. This book breaks through silo thinking and is for educators across formal and informal settings who are concerned with individual or collective transformation, whether in the 'North' or 'South.'"
—Shirley Walters, professor of adult and continuing education, University of Western Cape, South Africa